Are you a Visual Learner?
If I am going to learn something new, I would much rather have someone show me how to do it rather than read it in a book or just tell me. I guess that is the artist in me. I know that other people learn differently, so as I am planning to launch my Visual Journaling experiences on-line this fall, I am checking out many options for presenting this wonderful tool to help people take an inner journey or simply have a safe space to practice being creative.
One of the options I am considering is Video Conferencing. I love the idea that I could actually see and talk to people in my classes from all over the world . I could see the excitement in their eyes or that look of confusion, just like I would if they were in my studio. I just think that would be so amazing– it is sort of like “THE JETSEN’S”. Ok, now I am dating myself, but as a kid I remember watching the Jetsens and being amazed at that they had video telephones- it seemed so futuristic and now we have them!
Wow We Video Demonstration Today!
I am planning to participate in a Video Conferencing Demonstration today at 2:00 Central time. Here is the link: http://www.meetwithlynn.com
Everyone is welcome to check it out. – it is FREE. If you can’t make the call but are interested in learning more , there are some great videos from WowWe that explain their capabilities
Cliff Note Version
Ok so I have already acknowledged that people learn differently, for those of you who are more the bullet point learners- “Just the Facts ” (like on Dragnet) here are the highlights:
- People who are participants in a video conference don’t need to join or sign up on WowWe, it is FREE
- If particpants don’t have a webcam capabilities, they can watch the video, but won’t be seen on the video conference, they will just type their questions into the computer
- They recommend a headset or earbuds to reduce feedback, but no other special equipment is required
- People who want to use this service of video conferencing, video emails, and teleconferencing can join and just pay a monthly fee of $20
- People who want a more robust program with lots of different capabilities can pay a one time fee of $75 – $175 (depending on services) and $20 per month
- It is an affiliate program so if you recommend this to someone and they sign up, you can earn money- there is a entire grid, but I haven’t gotten in to all of that yet
- There is so much more, but you will need to either join the video conference this afternoon or check out the video.
Your Opinion Please
I would love to hear from you on the type of learner you are- visual, audio, read from a book so as I am designing my on-line experiences for the fall, I can take all types of learning into consideration. Also, I have NOT signed up for WowWe yet, I am still checking it out, so if you know anything about it GOOD OR BAD, please let me know!